Drink Driving Offence – Guilty plea
Legal fee £300-£600 excluding vat
2 hours attendance/preparation:
- Considering evidence
- Taking your instructions
- Providing advice on likely sentence
Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates’ Court
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened
- We will consider initial disclosure and any other evidence and provide advice
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost of £100)
- We will explain the court procedure to you so that you know what to expect on the date of your hearing and the sentencing options available to the court
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you, if necessary and, answer any follow-up queries you have
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place as this depends on the court listing for that day
- We will attend court on the date and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.