TA6 New Property Information Form from the Law Society

Listed Under: Blog

TA6 - The New Property Information Form from the Law Society

When buying a new house the first part of the process is the preparation of the Contract Pack. The Seller’s Property Information Form (TA6) is an important part of that. The new form is designed to help estate agents and consumers when buying a new property. Part 1 of the form provides the information estate agents require to market a property and solicitors may use some of this information in the conveyancing process. Part 2 asks supplementary questions providing additional information that may be required for the conveyancing process. The new form will be in use by the 25th of June 2024.

The TA6 changes include:

Property details including the unique property reference number and council tax band
Tenure, ownership, and charges – whether the property is freehold, leasehold, shared ownership, or commonhold plus details of costs such as ground rent and service charges
Parking including the cost of parking permits and whether the property has electric vehicle charging
Building safety provides details of any hazards at the property and whether essential works have been carried out
Restrictive covenants that affect the use of the property
Flood risk and coastal erosion – to establish what the flood risk is and whether any defences have been installed. If the property is near the coast, whether there is any known risk of coastal erosion.
Accessibility details including the adaptations or features that have been made to provide easier access to and within the property.
Coalfield or mining area – to identify if the property is impacted by any past or present mining activity
Solar panels – providing details about the installation of these that a buyer or lender will need to know
Services connected which now include air and ground heat pumps
Drainage and sewerage – additional questions about where the sewerage system discharges to and whether it has an infiltration system
Japanese knotweed – refinement of the question to incorporate the area adjacent to or abutting the property.

Who completes the Form?

The seller will complete this form with the help of their solicitor. Your solicitor will provide you with a copy if you are the seller. The seller is required to give accurate information about the property and surrounding area. If the seller knowingly supplies inaccurate or incomplete information on the form the buyer may be able to make a misrepresentation claim against them. 

What supporting documents will the seller need?

The supporting documents that a seller will need include:

Windows – FENSA certificates
Building Works – planning and building regulations approvals
NHBC – certificates for new-build properties (less than 10 years old)

If you are buying or selling a house please contact our expert team of conveyancing solicitors – we are here to help!