Care Proceedings

There are times when the Local Authority or other professional agency may become concerned about the safety and wellbeing of a child or children within your family. In such circumstances, the Local Authority has the power to start a process known as ‘care proceedings’.

What this means is that an application is made to the Court asking the Court to consider giving temporary care of a child or children to the Local Authority pending an investigation, which will be overseen by the Court. What this will mean is that the Local Authority will have temporary responsibility for the child, making decisions about their welfare – such as where they live and who cares for them pending a final order being made by the Court.  

J W Hughes & Co's Care Proceeding Solicitors know only too well that for those families involved in care proceedings it is a very confusing and stressful time, especially if you don’t agree with the decisions that the Local Authority and the Court are making.

At J W Hughes & Co we help families through the care proceedings process and provide clear, comprehensive advice and specialist legal representation. Our experienced family law solicitors will explain what’s happening at every step of the way. We can also accompany you to meetings and provide the support you need at every stage.

If you suddenly find that your child is taken into care, we can help you understand what will happen next. We’ll explain how your child will be cared for and let you know what rights you and your child have.

If this is something that you are concerned about and need urgent assistance then do not hesitate to get in touch with J W Hughes & Co Solicitors. Call the telephone number for J W Hughes Conwy Office today on 01492 596596, where our friendly and experienced solicitors will give you free initial advice. Don’t worry about legal costs, you may be eligible for Free Legal Aid.

Debra Carroll Care Proceeding Solicitor North Wales